Asparagus, Sweet Potatoes & Soft Boiled Egg Breakfast Salad
Quick, fresh and satisfying.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
- 1/2 cup spinach or other greens I used baby organic
- 5 stalks asparagus, sliced Use any vegetable you have on hand.
- 1/2 sweet potato, cooked, sliced I often cook-off 3 or 4 sweet potatoes on a Sunday to use through the week.
- 2 eggs, soft boil To soft boil an egg, place them in a small pan in cold water, then turn to high and bring to boil. Turn heat off - when the water is cool enough to peel the eggs (about 15 minutes) the eggs will be soft-boiled.
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise, good quality organic or it's actually easy to make your own
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Fresh dill, diced
Toss sweet potatoes, greens, and asparagus in a medium breakfast bowl. Top with 2 soft-boiled eggs, sliced in half. Top with mayo and mustard.
Toss all together, top with dill and enjoy.
There are so many combinations of breakfast salads.
Here are a few combos to try:
Spinach - walnut - egg - turkey bacon - poppyseed dressing
Cabbage - cashews - carrots - egg - Asian peanut dressing
Red or green lettuce - grilled BBQ chicken leftovers - red peppers - balsamic vinaigrette
Tomatoes - basil - pine nuts - olives - tofu - olive oil