Food fresh from the garden doesn’t need much help to taste great and nourish you deeply. Our fresh peas often don’t make it into the kitchen because we snack away right in the garden. Here’s a simple recipe for snow peas with mint.
Minted Snow Pea Recipe
- Snow peas or fresh spring peas – about 2 cups, cleaned
- Fresh mint, cleaned and chopped
- High-quality olive oil (like CA organic cold-pressed)
- Squeeze of fresh lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Grow peas! Or, locate fresh snow or sweet peas at a farmer’s market or grocery. They are an easy grow, and I love that they are best planted just as soon as the earth is thawed enough to work. So, either pick your own or you can get them at a farmer’s market or grocery (…growing your own is cheaper though more time-intensive, but the benefits are manyfold).
- Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and peas, sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped mint & a squeeze of fresh lemon. Saute another minute.
- Dress with salt and pepper and enjoy.